Rules and Regulations
- The Luang Prabang Half Marathon (LPHM) is organised by Lao Friends Hospital for Children (LFHC) and Events For Good (EFG) in accordance with these rules and regulations applicable to the participants, which can be found at www.luangprabanghalfmarathon.com (the Official Website)
- Completion of the online registration form confirms the participant’s agreement to abide by these rules and regulations
- Registration for the race is only confirmed upon payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- Participant agreed to provide true, accurate , current and complete information about the participant as per registration form.
- Once registration is completed no change to registration detail however (exemption would only be made for crucial detail such as: emergency contact person).
- There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for whatsoever reason.
- Organizer have all the right to use photos and videos of participants for commercial purposes.
- Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by organizers to ensure the participants’ safety, the participants take part in LPHM at his or her own risk. LFHC, EFG, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the race. Participants are encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and / or security officer.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route. The exceptional to this rule is for the 7 KM where Wheelchairs are allowed. Only official race and medical vehicles are allowed on the race route.
- LFHC and EFG reserve the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recording, or any other media records (including those displaying the participant) of the LPHM for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising.
- LFHC and EFG reserves the right to limit and/or refuse race entries without assigning any reason.
- LFHC and EFG reserves the right to cancel any race category without prior notice to the participants
- LFHC and EFG will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
- The race route will be closed to traffic for the duration of the race, up to three and the half hours 03:30 Hrs. Beyond 03:30 Hours cut of mark, the road will be re-opened to live traffic.
- After registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the LPHM, for any reason whatsoever.
- A participants is strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- A participant who does not start within 30 minutes from his or her respective flag off point will be disqualified and for safety reasons, may not be allowed to start.
- Change of race categories are not allowed.
- To participate in the Half Marathon (21KM) participants must be 16 years old or above on the race day.
- To participate in the 14KM participants must be above 12 years old.
- To participate in 7KM participants can be under 12 years old.
- Any participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental /guardian consent
- Half Marathon (21 KM)
- 14 KM
- 7 KM
- 1-3 place of each age category will award trophy
- This race is a fundraising event and does not have other types of prizes for winners.
- All participants must collect their race entry pack which includes the race bib, timing chip, Event T-shirt, the pre-race registration at the Entry Pack Collection Location during the collection period, of which detail will be stated on the Official Website. If participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Late collection will not be entertained and LFHC and EFG shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. Race Entry Pack not collected after the collection date and after 6:30PM will be deemed as properly of (LFHC and EFG) the organizers, who reserves the rights to dispose or distribute them accordingly.
- Participants who successfully complete the race in their Half Marathon and 14KM will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of their race bib to the organizer
- All participants who successfully complete the race in their category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation.